Friday, July 8, 2005

Comfort Zones

So I hear a lot of this lately, "don't let the actions of a few thoughtless people affect your whole life". Right! I couldn't agree more. I wonder, however, what kind of people go around unaffected by the thoughtless actions of the people they love the most. Do I want to be that kind of person? Where's the line between being affected enough to learn and grow and being hurt, or even broken? If I could find that line I'd be the strongest person I know. I feel like the yellow flag tied to the center of a long rope and flailing helplessly in a tug of war between two teams. One team cries the victory mantra, "I'm wonderful and amazing and you lose 'cuz you don't know me", and the other team drowns out the victory yells with "I get it - I'm worthy of nothing more than betrayal and sadness". One of the teams will eventually drown in the cold pit over which I dangle, but who will emerge the victor?

Why do I have to be the only one who changes and accepts the unacceptable? Why won't you take a risk? Crawl out of YOUR comfort zone, YOU do something uncomfortable for a change, show me...stop telling me - SHOW ME!!!!!

It's hard. It wasn't supposed to be this hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment